Fall is finally here! Falling temperatures, pumpkin spice, and everything nice. Fall is also a reminder that cooler weather is coming and when it comes to your car, that means preventative maintenance. Fall is the perfect time to get your car a checkup after the hot summer we have had and help prepare it for cooler months. We can get you started with 8 tips for fall car care.
8 Tips for the Best Fall Car Care
- Wash and Wax- Get those summer bugs off your car! A fresh coat of wax can also help protect your car.
- Top Off Your Fluids- After a hot summer, all fluids should be checked, including engine oil, and power steering, brake, and transmission fluids as well as windshield washer solvent and antifreeze/coolant.
- Check Tire Pressure- The air pressure in your tires increases in the summer heat. Make sure those tires are winter ready. A visual inspection will warn you of any bald spots, bulges, or uneven wear.
- Windshield Wipers- Summer heat can also damage your windshield wipers. It’s a good idea to install a fresh set of blades each fall.
- Check Your Battery- Excessive summer heat can zap your battery’s charge. Cars can have a harder time starting in colder temperatures, so it’s wise to test your battery or schedule battery service in the fall.
- Hoses and Belts- All belts and hoses should be checked for leaks, signs of excessive wear, cracks, brittleness, fraying, or looseness. Our high summer temperatures can do a number on them!
- Brakes- You rely on your brakes to keep you stopping safely and you want to be confident that they are up for the task. We suggest a brake inspection, including brake linings, rotors, and drums, at each oil change.
- Heat and Air Check- After our unbearably hot summer, it is always a good idea for a heat and A/C check.
Remember Preventative Maintenance All Year Round
Preventative maintenance can save you time, money and frustration in the long run. At We-Fix-It Auto Repair, we regularly see the difference between owners who keep up with maintenance and those who do not.
Give us a call or schedule an appointment online for a day and time that is best for you. Celebrate Fall Car Care Month by giving your vehicle a little extra TLC!