Do you have a qualified, trusted auto mechanic on speed dial? Don’t wait until your vehicle is being towed to start thinking about finding a mechanic. If you haven’t already chosen a mechanic you trust, then you are at someone else’s mercy.
Follow these steps for finding a mechanic you can trust:
- Do your homework! What are people saying online? Make a list using positive reviews you find online from sites like Yelp, Angie’s List, BBB and AAA. Also ask for auto mechanic recommendations on social media.
- Check for certification. An Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification is a good indicator of a trustworthy and trained mechanic. Our ASE certified, experienced technicians undergo continuing education to keep up on all the latest technology and techniques.
- Test out a new mechanic. When you find a mechanic you want to try, take in your vehicle for a routine and inexpensive service, like an oil change or filter replacement. You will learn a lot about how the mechanic treats customers and runs the business.
- Ask questions! An honest mechanic should be happy to answer all of your questions about a service or repair. Even if you don’t know anything about an engine, asking questions indicates that you aren’t going to take everything at face value. If the mechanic refuses to take the time to answer questions, move on to someone else!
- Billing breakdown. A good mechanic will provide an itemized quote up front that includes parts, labor, and additional fees or taxes. Be sure to ask any questions you may have for what you are paying for. It is a good idea to have your written quote with you when it’s time to pay the bill to compare the two costs.
An honest, trustworthy mechanic is only a phone call away
Follow these steps and you should be ready to choose a mechanic who is right for you. Someone who is trustworthy and reliable. Someone who is qualified and has fair pricing.
At We-Fix-It Auto Repair, we take immense pride in our work. Our primary focus is to repair every vehicle correctly and in a timely manner. We stand behind every repair we do, and a vast majority of our work is covered by a three-year, 36,000-mile warranty. Contact us today to ask any questions you may have and provide us honest feedback on your experience.